Are you a chef who is passionate about different styles of cooking? If yes, then you must know that the knife is the essential tool of a chef. With a professional knife, the chef is incomplete. There is a wide range of knives present online, which may range up to thousands of dollars, which every chef is unable to invest.
This article is especially for such chefs who are at the beginning levels of their career and are not willing to spend very much money. With this guide’s help, you will find the best chef knife under $100, which will give you a similar experience as the expensive one’s.
Reviews of The Best Chef Knives under $100
1. Wusthof 6″ Classic Chef’s Knife
The Wusthof 6 inch Classic Chef’s Knife is made with full precision from a high carbonated stainless steel. The grip of the knife is made up of very durable Polyoxymethylene(POM). The benefit of thi9s material is that the color of the grip will not fade up quickly. The main features of the knife are mentioned below:
- The knife is specially designed from a single block of steel without any cutting in the mid.
- The handle’s grip is designed in a way that helps you perform your cutting task with complete precision.
- It’s grip is designed in a way that you easily shift the knife over the vegetable, and a guard for your fingers is also present.
- The blade of the knife is 20 percent sharper than the regular knife having edge retention features.
- The first pro of this knife is that the makers of this knife are a lifetime warranty. No matter how much wear and tear this knife gets, you can get the knife repaired.
- The knife is perfectly balanced, which will cut out the time that you spend on the cutting.
- It is made in Germany that is the best-made knife all around the world.
- After sometimes, the knife’s grip gets lost, which makes it difficult to hold the chef.
2. Zelite 6″ Infinity Chef Knife Alpha-Royal Series
For under $100, the Zelite Infinity chef knife is the most versatile in the world. It is the easiest to control the knife, and you can handle that knife easily. The knife is a build-in Japan that will add up a refinement to your chopping style and cutting style. The material used in the tang of the knife is very high, and you can smoothly perform heavy and bulky tasks with these knives properly. This is undoubtedly a chef’s knife under $100 that beginner chefs or cooks are looking for.
- The steel used in the knife gives a very premium look to the knife, having a carbonated back, which gives the perfect grip.
- You can butcher quickly with this six-inched knife and perform the dicing and slicing task with ease.
- The knife’s design is unique, especially the bump present at the end of the blade portion.
- The knife can be used for all purposes, either they are heavy or light. It will be a good companion for your tasks in the kitchen.
- The knife’s value is very high compared to the price you will be paying out for it.
- If you are not satisfied with the knife, then there is a 100% money-back guarantee of the knife.
- After 2 to 3 months of usage, the blade of the knife gets blunt.
3. Shun Classic 6” Chef’s Knife
The Shun classic six-inch knife is a professional knife that is built for your all-purpose work in the kitchen. The knife is made so that no matter whatever slicing you do, it will remain clean. You don’t have to waste your time cleaning the knife. The material used is high-quality steel, and the grip of the knife is smooth yet straightforward.
- The knife is 6-inch, having rust-free material used in its built.
- The knife’s grip is wooden and smooth that makes it easier for you to hold the knife.
- The shape of the knife is unique. It is a plane from one side, and the cutting side is perfectly curved.
- The first pro is the fluidity, which it provides to the chef. Now you can perform any task smoothly and efficiently with the help of this knife.
- The grip is classical, and you will feel premium when you hold this knife.
- In some instances, the knife gets chipped of after extensive usage.
4. DALSTRONG 8″ Chef Knife Gladiator Series
Dalstrong is a knife produced by an American company on Chinese grounds. The knife’s design is very bold, and you will always feel fresh when you will hold this knife. It’s feel in your hand is something different and is giving great competition to the german knife makers. The knife handles are smoothly curved at the handles, and the bolster is slanted at the front side.
- The knife’s handle is made up of wood, which is a unique feature of this knife.
- The blade is bulky, but when you start cutting with the blade, it will give you a controlled feeling and aggression.
- The knife can be used easily to cut the thin slices easily due to its sharp knives.
- If your main task is to cut down the meats, this knife will be the best for you.
- The knife has a modern look, and the wooden handle it offers is the heart winner.
- It is a well-balanced, aggressive knife you can use to quickly chop down bulky and hard products.
- The knife is affordable due to the production in China.
- The knife is very soft and has significantly less edge durability. Also, it is made keeping in mind the strong chefs.
5. Global 8″ Classic G-2 Chef’s Knife
For under $100, the Global eight-inch knife is a unique knife having a different construction and shape. The knife is face grounded, and the knife’s angle is kept acute that makes the cutting of the material easy. The shape of the knife is straight and deep as compared to the German styles knives. It is known as the Japanese cut shape of the knives.
- The knife’s grip is very dimpled, having the stainless steel handle, which seems to be fixed to the knife.
- The knife is best if you are cutting down the soft materials. The precision offered by the knife is super.
- The people confuse the knife that it will not be having a good balance knife seeing the shape, but it is very well balanced. You will feel it when you are using the knife.
- The knife is very stylish, which gives the perfect style statement of the chef using it.
- The balance of the knife is the best. You will not find such a balance in any of the knives floating around in the market.
- The knife is considered excellent for slicing the soft veggies and material.
- When it comes to the more rigid material, then the sluicing done by the knife is not perfect.
6. J.A. Henckels International 8″ CLASSIC Chef’s Knife
The J.A. Henckels is a Spanish build knife having high durability and quality. The tang’s design is made in such a way that it ensures maximum comfort to the chef who will use it. Whatever task you want to do, whether it is chopping, dicing, or slicing, this knife can be your best companion. Carbonated steel is used in the knife, ensuring that the knife doesn’t get worn and tears easily.
- The makers make the knife dishwasher safe.
- The knife’s sharpness is unbeatable, and with just a dry towel, you can clean the knife quickly.
- The handle’s material is non-slippery that makes it easy to hold, and the person easily forms a grip.
- The blade of the sharp is extraordinary in terms of both sharpness and strength.
- The design of the knife is unique, which can fit in your hands easily.
- The non-slippery function of the knife is effective and works more than it promises.
- When you use the knife for a much extended period, then it will not be comfortable. After a few minutes, you will start feeling some uneasiness.
7. Victorinox 10-Inch Swiss Classic Chef’s Knife
The Victorinox is a Swiss knife making company that has specially designed the knife for professional chefs. The knife’s quality is everlasting, and you can use it as your companion time for a longer time. It is tough and gives a very tight competition for the new age knives. The knife’s size is eight inches, and the tang of the knife is made of thermoplastic polymer material. It is the cheapest knife on the list which you have seen above.
- The knife is light in weight, just having 6.1 ounces of weight, and you can handle it easily.
- The material of the blade is high-quality steel that is ramed out of a single bar of steel.
- The knife is very sturdy and flexible when you will use it, like the knife’s blade is very thin.
- It will help you perfectly chop down your soft fishes and veggies.
- The knife is considered a very nice slicer.
- The price of the knife is very generic, which is the best in the class.
- The knife is very comfortable to use due to which the knife is the choice of the chefs.
- The knife is lightweight due to which it is hard to chop hard objects.
What to Look for in an Affordable Chef Knife
When you are looking for an affordable chef knife, then there is a list of factors that you have to consider. These points are very important and will be a big part of finding the best chef knife under 100 dollars.
The knife’s material is very important when you are looking out for the best knives for your chopping purpose. It is important for you that you look for a material that is strong and durable. The steel material must be long-lasting and durable so that you can chop down all the materials easily. The knife you choose must stainless and rust-proof so that it stays cleansed and be in your cutlery set for a longer period.
The length of the blade is very important when you are choosing the knife for yourself. It depends on which dish you are about to prepare to be a chef. If you are doing just a routine task of chopping and slicing, the knife of small length will be adequate, but if your task is to chop out harder materials and non-vegetarian kinds of stuff, you may require the knife of longer length.
The brand in the knife is significant when you are looking out for the knives. The higher is the name of the brand, the higher will be its quality provided. The company will always want to maintain the quality of their product so that the brand name they have earned never goes down. It is a great saying that if you will invest money once in a good brand then it will hurt your pocket for once but in case you invest in the cheap product to save some money then it may hurt your pocket again and again.
The warranty is an essential factor one must consider. When a person is spending even a hundred dollars on a knife, they will want their knife to last for a more extended period. That is why the warranty is important. In case the knife gets some wear and tears after using it for some time, the person can get the knife changed as it is in the warranty period. Also if your knife gets chipped up or gets broken down when you are performing the task then also you are covered by the exchange or the warranty policy of the brand.
Surely after reading this article, you have found your best chef knife for under 100 or at least the criteria to find the one you want. It does not matter whichever stage of cooking you are at. These knives can be a part of your knife set forever. Now it is upto you, which is the knife you want to choose for your kitchen usage. The value of money offered by these knives is very high, due to which they are favorite of all the chefs around the world.